Online no throttling:
Offline slow hashing:
Offline fast hashing:
Strengthen your online security by following these password security tips from PassMint. Creating strong and secure passwords is essential for protecting your valuable accounts from cyber threats. Here's how to enhance your password practices and defend against password-related risks.
1. Use Long and Complex Passwords: Opt for passwords that are at least 12 characters long and include a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special symbols.
2. Avoid Common Words and Patterns: Steer clear of easily guessable passwords like "password123" or "123456." Also, avoid using sequential patterns or keyboard patterns.
3. Unique Passwords for Each Account: Use different passwords for different accounts. This prevents a security breach in one account from affecting others.
4. Enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Whenever possible, enable 2FA for an additional layer of security. This requires a second form of verification along with your password.
5. Regularly Update Passwords: Change your passwords periodically, especially for critical accounts. This reduces the risk of unauthorized access.
6. Be Cautious of Phishing: Avoid clicking on suspicious links or sharing your password via email. Phishing attacks are common methods for stealing passwords.
7. Use a Password Manager: Consider using a reputable password manager to generate, store, and autofill complex passwords for you.
8. Monitor Account Activity: Regularly review your account activity for any unusual or unauthorized actions.
9. Educate Yourself: Stay informed about the latest password security best practices to adapt and improve your strategies over time.